How Much Is A Wedding Videographer?When thinking about your wedding, it is understandable that you are thinking about the cost of everything. Some people have simple weddings that are still elegant. Others will go out with everything they do for their wedding. Regardless of the type of wedding you have, one of the things you should consider having is a wedding videographer. With a top wedding videographer, you can capture all those special moments. If this is something on your mind, you might be thinking about how much is a wedding videographer. What is it going to cost you? The cost may vary quite a bit, depending on the experience of the videographer, location of your wedding, and some other factors. When you book top wedding videography services from Ray Roman Films, you will be getting the best of the best. On average, around the United States, top wedding videography services will generally cost between $1,000 and $3,000.
Factors of Wedding Videographer PricingThere are many different factors that may impact the pricing of your wedding videographer services booked. Some of the most common reasons for the pricing changes include the following:
- Length of time – How much time do you need the wedding videographer for? Will they be video graphing your entire wedding and every event you have, including the rehearsal dinner and reception? Will you only need them for your wedding and reception? The length of time you need top wedding videography services will affect the pricing.
- Staff requirements – How many staff members do you need? Will you only want one wedding videographer or do you want multiple? The more wedding videographers you would like, the more it is going to cost.
- The finished product – The finished product could come in many forms. You may want the videos to be edited. You may just want a highlight reel. Maybe you want some raw footage of your wedding. There may be some clips that you would like to have edited, while others aren’t. The finished products you would like to have can affect the pricing of your top wedding videography services.
- Extras – Do you want to have any extras? Maybe you would like to have some drone footage? You might like to have a USB drive or a DVD? The extras you request may raise the cost of your wedding videography services.
- Traveling – Do you need the wedding videographer to travel? Are you having them go to another city, state, or even out of the country? The further you have the wedding videographer travel, the more it may cost.
Wedding Videographer and the Included Services in Your Base CostYou might think you are only paying for the finished wedding videos. However, there is much more to top wedding videography services than just your videos. Some of the things that may be involved in your base service cost include the following:
- Videography services – The number one thing you are paying for is the actual videography services. You are paying for the time the wedding videographer is spending at your wedding events. Generally, you will agree upon a number of set hours they will spend at your events. If there are extras, this will be discussed when you book the wedding videographer services.
- The post-production – You are also paying for the post-production services. This includes many things. You are paying for the editing of the videos. The editing takes a lot of time. Your wedding videographer wants to make sure everything is perfect in your videos. They want to make sure the editing makes your videos look professional. Sometimes they go through many editing rounds before they have your finished products.
- The finished product – You will likely receive your finished product via a USB drive, Blu-ray disc, or DVD. You might get a highlight reel as well. Many wedding videographers will provide this to you via Vimeo, YouTube, or even by email. If you need to have additional copies of the finished product, you may be charged more though, so this should be noted.
- Top-notch equipment – When you are paying for top wedding videography services, your videographer will be using the best equipment. They will be using high-quality cameras, lighting, and other professional equipment as well.
Inclusion of Additional Services or Features of a Wedding Video PackageMany of the basic packages for wedding videography will include one full-length wedding video and one highlight reel. You might get some raw footage as well, depending on who you have provided you with top wedding videography services. With that being said, your top wedding videography services may include a save-the-date video, photo slideshow, reception intro video, rehearsal dinner video, and more. You will talk about what you can get with your wedding video package with the wedding videographer. You might want to ask for a photo slideshow as well. The extra videos or services may cost you a bit more, but many brides and grooms find the price well worth the memories they get to bring with them into their future.
Time Frame for Hiring a Wedding VideographerRay Roman Films recommends that you hire your top wedding videography services around 8 months before your wedding. There are many benefits to booking early. You will have longer hours available for your wedding videography services. You will have better videographers available for your big day as well. It may be helpful to start researching wedding videographer services about one year before your wedding. If you have a wedding coming up in less than 8 months, don’t worry. You can still try booking excellent wedding videographer services.
Questions to Ask the Wedding Videographer Before You BookYou want to make sure you hire a wedding videographer that is in your budget, but who will also do an amazing job. You will get top wedding videographer services from Ray Roman Films. We spend a lot of time making sure our clients get the services they need and want. Some of the questions you might want to ask the wedding videographer before you book services include the following:
- What terms would you use to describe your style of videography?
- Can I pick the music for the wedding videos?
- Have you done work with my booked photographer in the past?
- How many weddings have you done this year?
- When will I get my finished products?
- Have you shot videos at my chosen venue in the past?
- Can you describe how you edit videos?
- Can I see your wedding video package lists and the costs?
- Can I see a sample of your work?
- Will you bring a second video shooter to my wedding?
Tipping the Wedding VideographerMany people wonder if they need to tip their wedding videographer. This is a great question. If you are choosing a wedding videographer that runs their own business, you don’t have to give them a tip. You can if you choose to. If you are choosing a wedding videographer from a bigger company, you may want to give them a tip around $100-$200. It is also helpful to write a review online for your wedding videographer.
Saving Money on Wedding Videography ServicesWe highly recommend picking top wedding videography services for your big day. Having a professional do the work can help you in the long run. While it may be a bit more costly, you will enjoy and appreciate the end results. With that being said, there are some ways you can save some money without sacrificing the quality of your wedding videos. These ways include the following:
- Shortening the time you need – If you are looking to save a little money on your wedding videographer services, shortening the time you need services is one way you can do that. For instance, if you plan on booking the wedding videographer for 12 hours, maybe choose to have them for 8 hours instead. You can decide which part of your wedding events you don’t need video.
- No extras – Another way to save money on wedding videographer services is to just stick with the basics. When you are going with Ray Roman Films for your wedding videography services, you will always get high-quality results, even if you don’t choose any extras.
- Get raw footage – You can save money on wedding videography services by only getting raw footage. This means you won’t pay for extra edits or any edits at all. You will take the video the videographer originally took, without waiting for them to finalize the product.